Frequently Asked Questions
- What are detox foot pads?
- Our detox foot pads are an amazing product from Japan that may help your body cleanse while you sleep! The highly selected ingredients may pull impurities out of your system during the night. In the morning, you remove the pads from your feet and discard them.
- Why are the foot pads worn on the feet?
- Detox foot pads are worn on the feet for some reasons – the feet are considered in Oriental medicine to be the “second heart” – that is, they help pump return circulation of blood and lymph back up into the torso. With much of our time sedentary these days, this natural pumping action is inhibited and circulation tends to bog down around the feet, ankles and lower legs.
- Can the detox foot pads be worn anywhere else on the body?
The feet are the best place to wear the pads. However, benefits may be obtained
from wearing the patches on several places throughout the body. The pads can
also be worn directly over a painful and swollen area. They tend to work best
when applied over a blood-rich spot, like the extremities, including the hands,
feet, backs of knees, temple, neck and spine.
- How long should I expect to wear the detox foot pads before I am fully detoxed?
- Overall lymphatic detoxing through the feet may easily take 30 days or more for the average person, longer if you are chronically ill. Most people use the pads on the arches of the feet to start with. The pads start becoming lighter in color as less “gooey” lymph is extracted. At that point, other areas of the feet can be addressed – the balls of the feet, the toes, the heel, even the ankle. Some will see results in a day or two, while others may take several weeks to sense something positive is happening.
- What results can I expect to see with the foot detox pads?
- Reports of more energy, better sleep, clearer and more positive thinking, and relief from all kinds of symptoms, including chronic pain, migraines, fibromyalgia, are common. After the initial nightly applications of several weeks, they may be worn once or twice a week, or a few times a month, as a maintenance program, to continue to help the body with exposure to daily pollutants, as well as toxicities that accumulate from stress.
- Is the brownish “goo” in the morning a result of a reaction to my feet sweating?
- While the footpads turn dark if exposed to water (just like tea bags would) the “goo” you see is most likely toxic matter that has been leeched through your lymphatic system and out your feet. If you continue to use the foot pads until you are detoxed, you will notice that they don’t come out gooey in the morning anymore. This dispels the fallacy that sweat is what is creating the results you see. You also can get them analyzed in an independent lab, and find out what toxins YOU have in your body!
- How long does a detox take for a normal person?
- This depends on so many factors, including how often you are exposed to toxins (in your drinking water, food, the air you breathe, the chemicals you ingest, even your carpet may emit toxins!) On AVERAGE here in the US, I would have to say that a 2-3 months’ detox is normal per area of your foot. If you are sick or battling an illness or cancer, it could take more than a year of constant use! But even if you use the pads for only one month, you are doing a great service to your body and may be feeling more energy, better sleep, less illness.
- What if I don’t see anything in my detox foot pads?
- A few people don’t seem to get a lot of “stuff” coming out of the feet at night — maybe due to a sluggish lymphatic system, and poor circulation. These people may do better to wear the pads during the day, to get a fuller benefit from the pumping of circulation through the feet, or to put the pads on an hour or two before bedtime, while they are still moving around.
- How do the foot pads work?
- Through the process of osmosis (remember from high school biology?) It is the same process that allows trees to get their nutrients from the ground through their root system, but yet nourish the leaves on their farthest branches. It is this “tree sap” or wood vinegars, that allow this process to work.
- How do toxins affect me?
- Ignoring body toxins can cause poor health, illness and disease. Today's lifestyles do not support the body's ability to naturally remove toxins. The body's immune system has been compromised through the accumulation of toxins. It is important that toxins be removed regularly to insure and maintain good health.
- What is Lymphatic Fluid (Body Toxin)?
- The lymph system is the "waste disposal system" within the body. It acts as the body’s internal defense system. The lymph system rids the body of toxins, bacteria, cell debris, excess water and proteins. Without this important system we would die within twenty-four hours. The lymphatic system is similar to the blood system and has just as many vessels - but they contain lymph, which is clear and so cannot be seen (unless a suitable dye is injected).
The lymphatics differ from the blood system in that the blood continually circulates through each part of the body while the lymph just drains from each part. The lymphatic system plays a vital role in the body by regulating the immune system. When the lymphatic system becomes blocked, lymphatic fluid builds up and stagnates causing the entire system to become toxic. Detox Patch helps extract lymphatic fluid from the body and assists in clearing blockages, eliminates metabolic wastes and toxins from the body, transports nutrients to cells and increases metabolic efficiency, all adding to the reduction of excess fluid and assisting weight reduction. It also has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps relieve stress and tension. Frequent use of the Detox patch is also a very effective beauty treatment for the face, improving the appearance of the skin and reducing puffiness. It helps rejuvenate collagen fibers and slow the aging process.
- Are they safe to use?
- They do not deliver any chemicals to the body, only an infusion of negative ions will enter your body. They are only topical and draw toxins out of the body. You ingest nothing therefore they are completely safe. Nevertheless, we recommend that you discontinue use if any allergic reactions occur. Our foot patches were tested and certified safe and with non-detectable heavy metals by FDA lab certification and ISO 9001 for quality.
- Do I need to follow a special diet while I use the foot pads?
- There is no need for a special diet. We recommend that to help flush the toxins and heavy metals etc. you look at your diet, exercise regularly and drink plenty of water.
- Do the foot pads contain chemicals?
- No, they are 100% natural ingredients and none of the ingredients enter the body. The ingredients merely stimulate various physiological functions and draw from the inside out.
- Can I apply pads to a backache?
- Yes, there are two ways other than to the feet that you can apply detox pads. If you study the acupuncture chart you will see there are points all over your body that correspond to various internal organs. These points are located specifically over a meridian flow so that the stimulation of the herbs can be sent directly to any pain or weak organs. If you have specific joint or muscle pain, you can apply directly over the area for temporary relief.
- Can they ease pain caused by gout, arthritis and rheumatism?
- Yes! Users from around the world have received temporary pain relief. Pads are not a cure for maladies but can act as an efficient relief from pain caused by them.
- Are there any side effects?
- Aside from allergies to the ingredients used, no side effects have been noted.
For more information about wholesale of Detox Foot Pads, please Contact Us.